How else's God supposed to write?

Follow the exciting adventures of a mad Laura in I*N*D*I*A

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Madurai


Finally got to the temple: very big, very colourful, still wonder how the paint can stay on it.
I got really pissed off in there because they refused me the entry (forbidden for non-hindus) when they usually all think I am an Indian. They only wanna piss me off when they say that then, because it does not grant me any advantage: I have to pay my flight tickets the foreigner price which is 3 times what Indians pay, I have to pay the entry of all monuments 25 times more than Indians do and I can not visit Hindu temples.... there is something wrong in their reasoning? Do they think it makes my day brighter when they say I look like an Indian? Cause it doesn't, on the contrary, it drives me crazy!!! lol, voila ma vie de touriste en Inde....

2 Comments:

  • At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    blog tres instructif et tres convivial.bravo laura !!!

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL!!! I'm a bit late, but now you know how I felt in the UK when everytime I passed by an Anglo-Indian he would ask me whether I come from India...that pissed me off too but on the contrary to you I do have Indian origins so I shouldn't be angry!!! See: when people confuse us both...(cf. cantine du Parc or Rafi's friend in London)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home